This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance

Hey everyone, ive already posted some 9.04 problems in another thread, but heres some questions i'd like asked about 8.10.

I would like to tweak this OS for performance, i like a good looking GUI but with good performance, and so far i havent found much on performance tweaking.
    Also, my xorg file seems pretty bare, i had the ATI catalyst 9.1 drivers installed, but they were causing problems with my media player and i had to uninstall them.

Im still pretty new, so im not really sure what drivers to use and what to do with my xorg config. I really could use some help with these things.

My system specs are here:

AMD Athlon X2 5000+@ 3.2GHz
    4x1GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800
    Asus M2R-32-MVP 580X
    160GB Seagate sata2
    Radeon HD 3870 512MB GDDR4

Im not sure if that will help or not, but if anyone can help me with the performance tweaking and perhaps setting up ICMP chat that would be perfect.

Re: Performance

Re: Nvidia releases driver 180.22 might be of help.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

If you had read my post you probably wouldve noticed that i have an ati card....

Anyways, im still trying out different drivers but i'd still like help with the questions in my thread...

Comment

I did you read your post, which is why I refered you to the link I did. Have you reviewed it yet?
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

my apologies, i only briefly looked over it and it appeared to be for Nvidia only, thanks, ill try it out.

Comment

Working...
          X