This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried to reinstall FF 3.0 but I only get the GNOME version

I tried to get it from Adept and Konsole but it just keeps showing me libs for gnome but it was supposed to install the kde version. I thought it might be due to some recently added repo but I disabled all of them and it just kept showing me the same libs once and again. What's happening here?
    Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
    Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
    Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
    Using Linux since June, 2008

Re: Tried to reinstall FF 3.0 but I only get the GNOME version

Originally posted by kyonides

I disabled all of them
    Ummmmmmmmm .... that might not have been the most helpful thing you could do.

Ubuntu and Kubuntu (and Xubuntu and Edubuntu) use common repositories. You need 'em.

Comment

Re: Tried to reinstall FF 3.0 but I only get the GNOME version

As I understand it, Firefox just uses some of the Gnome libraries (specifically, gtk ones), so they'll just come with any Firefox install you try from the repositories. That's a good thing.

There are a bunch of other gtk apps out there you might end up using, so it's no big deal and probably for the best that you have the libs on your system.

If you're keen to get Firefox to look as much like a native KDE app as you can, try the suggestions here:

http://forum.kde.org/how-to-integrat...e-t-17786.html

Worked wonders for me.

There are rumours of a native KDE port of Firefox, but I haven't seen anything on it in a while. I wouldn't be holding my breath, and with the integration tips in the link above, it really doesn't seem necessary.

Comment

Working...
      X