This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop screen settings

I have noticed that the settings for the screen don't seem to work in 4.2. I want the screen to turn off after about 20 minutes of non usage but when I set it to do that it doesn't work. No error or anything it just doesn't do it. I go to system settings, power management then screen and set it to turn off in 20 min but nothing happens in that time. It worked fine in 3.5.10. Is this also a bug in 4.2 or am I doing it wrong? Thanks.
    Oneiric 11.10 KDE Version 4.7.4<br />Duo core 1.8 Intel<br />4 gig ram<br />Nvidia Go 7300 Graphics<br />Dell E1505 Laptop<br /><br />I&#39;m a happy pappy with Linux on my lappy!!!

Re: Laptop screen settings

I haven't tried this option but it would in any case be good to know which video driver you use.

Comment

It is the nvidia driver 177 I believe.
      Oneiric 11.10 KDE Version 4.7.4<br />Duo core 1.8 Intel<br />4 gig ram<br />Nvidia Go 7300 Graphics<br />Dell E1505 Laptop<br /><br />I&#39;m a happy pappy with Linux on my lappy!!!

Comment

I also notice that no matter what I select under edit profiles then choose performance, that's the mode I'm running in, like do nothing when lid is closed, it still suspends and comes up to a blank screen. Is this a bug too?

Comment

I have the same issue. If I enable any screensaver, then monitor DPMS never works. If I remove the screensaver, then DPMS works as expected.

Using nvidia-180 driver, KDE 4.1.4

Comment

Working...
          X