This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VNC problems with KRFB

Hi and thanks for reading this. I've been experiencing problems trying to establish a VNC connection to my Kubuntu server with KRFB running. The issue has not disappeared after upgrading to KDE 4.2.

From any VNC client (tried RealVNC, TightVNC under WinXP and Shared Desktop under Mac OS X) the image is not clear, and the colors keep jumping around, just as you can see from the screenshot: http://pix.academ.org/img/2009/02/10...8e20a1d76678fc. The worst part of it (I would be able to cope with jumping colors and an unclear image) is that mouse pointer positions are not transferred correctly. What I mean is that when I see into a VNC client window and think that my mouse pointer is in point X, it ACTUALLY is several pixels to the right from that point (figured that out by looking at the Kubuntu server monitor).

This all happens while the "Desktop Effects" are turned OFF. When those are ON, the situation gets even worse (VNC clients display a static image with absolutely no responses to any actions, which actually happen on the server itself), but this makes sense, so my real problem is to be able to use VNC without desktop effects.

If you know what this could be, I would extremely appreciate any help. Thanks!
Working...
X