Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Configuring names section in KDE Audio CDs System settings...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Configuring names section in KDE Audio CDs System settings...

Hello,

In the system settings of KDE there is a section for configuring the way in which the KDE kioslave would rip audio CD's. The information specifically concerning the various options for specifying the ripped file name is rather scarce in the Khelpcentre and it seems also on the net. I would specifically like to indicate the subdirectories be created such that "/"%{albumartist}"/"%{albumtitle}"/"%{trackartist}-%{number}-%{title} would the first two subdirectories created and then the file given the name in the normal sense. It does not seem as if my format is correct nor do I know if indeed subdirectories can be created. Does someone here know how this is done if possible?

Thanks in advance.
    l8r

Re: Configuring names section in KDE Audio CDs System settings...

You've posted under 8.10, so I am assuming you are referring to KDE 4.2rc or 4.2. I'm using 4.2, and looking at the System Settings>Advanced>Audio CDs, on the "Names" tab I see the kind of controls that you are discussing. There is a "Name Regular Expression Replacement" section in the lower third of the window -- have you tried using that to re-arrange the information as you want it?

This is not anything that I have ever tried, so I can't offer anything further. I would suppose that this particular KDE utility is all you can get from a standard KDE 4.2 installation at this time -- anything further would have to come from the ripping package itself, or else from a custom script.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
      You've posted under 8.10, so I am assuming you are referring to KDE 4.2rc or 4.2. I'm using 4.2, and looking at the System Settings>Advanced>Audio CDs, on the "Names" tab I see the kind of controls that you are discussing. There is a "Name Regular Expression Replacement" section in the lower third of the window -- have you tried using that to re-arrange the information as you want it?

This is not anything that I have ever tried, so I can't offer anything further. I would suppose that this particular KDE utility is all you can get from a standard KDE 4.2 installation at this time -- anything further would have to come from the ripping package itself, or else from a custom script.
      Thanks, yes, sorry that I forgot to mention that. Very silly of me. Using 8.10 with KDE 4.2, but I suspect this does not change much for this part since it has been there for a long time. Yes, I saw the regular expression part and I am using that to replace some characters, such as spaces, but I do not seem to get this part to automatically create the sub-directories that I would want. I know I saw this possibility somewhere and I cannot remember whether it was in the discontinued KDE CD ripper program (forget the name) or whether it was somewhere in K3B. At my old age memory is on the go you know....

Comment

Originally posted by fermier

At my old age memory is on the go you know....
        Yes, I know all about the ... uhhh ... err ... where was I?

Comment

Working...
        X