Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gwenview: Where are the features of the KDE3 version?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gwenview: Where are the features of the KDE3 version?

I certainly am looking forward to an improved Gwenview. It would only display my jpg pictures in a slide show and it would skip over mpg movies. I was not able to get irfanview to work so I did not bother to keep Gwenview on my system.

I have stuck with digiKam as that is the easiest way to get pictures from my camera. Otherwise, I would have to remove the SD card and plug it in to my laptop to read the images because I have not been able to find the mount point for the camera. Also, there is no recognition by the system when the camera is plugged in, so I have to launch digiKam and use it to connect to the camera.

I have added extra folders to digiKam where I keep categorize and edited pictures. I can do a slide show of these jpg images but it fails on mpg movies. I have combined jpg and mpg movies and these are displayed successfully by digiKam when the full screen mode is used.

So this solution works for me until Gwenview and digikam are fixed for KDE 4.2. Hope this is not too far in the future.

NoWorries

Comment

Working...
    X