X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

openoffice3 in intrepid

Hi

... is openoffice3 available for intrepid (8.10) --- if so where?

Cheers,
    Isix
    Cheers,<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Isix<br />______________________________________<br />&quot;Views and opinions expressed by me are not necessarily true --- they merely remain my views and opinions&quot;<br />______________________________________

Re: openoffice3 in intrepid

It's here

Code:
    deb [url]http://ppa.launchpad.net/openoffice-pkgs/ubuntu[/url] intrepid main
    But remember that it's not officially supported but community-supported.
    Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
    Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
    Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
    Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

More:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3098394.0

Comment

Thanks a lot, but a lot happened to me since your replies. I added the following to /etc/apt/sources.list

Code:
        deb [url]http://ppa.launchpad.net/openoffice-pkgs/ubuntu[/url] intrepid main
        deb-src [url]http://ppa.launchpad.net/openoffice-pkgs/ubuntu[/url] intrepid main
        and then I do the well-known

Code:
        sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
        In response. first I got the error:
        Code:
        W: GPG error: [url]http://ppa.launchpad.net[/url] intrepid Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 60487016493B3065
        So I fixed that by doing

Code:
        delbert@delbert:~$ gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv 493B3065
        gpg: requesting key 493B3065 from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com   
        gpg: key 493B3065: public key "Launchpad PPA for Kubuntu Most Experimental Packages" imported
        gpg: no ultimately trusted keys found                            
        gpg: Total number processed: 1                                
        gpg:        imported: 1 (RSA: 1)                           
        delbert@delbert:~$ gpg --export --armor 493b3065 | sudo apt-key add -            
        OK
        and then I got

Code:
        W: GPG error: [url]http://ppa.launchpad.net[/url] intrepid Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 60D11217247D1CFF
        So I did a similar fixed to by doing a
        Code:
        delbert@delbert:~$ gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv 247D1CFF
        gpg: requesting key 247D1CFF from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com   
        gpg: key 247D1CFF: public key "Launchpad PPA for OpenOffice.org Scribblers" imported
        gpg: Total number processed: 1                           
        gpg:        imported: 1 (RSA: 1)                      
        delbert@delbert:~$ gpg --export --armor 247D1CFF | sudo apt-key add -   
        OK
        Now I do not get the "key" errors but without any explicit error the packages are withheld:
        Code:
        The following packages have been kept back:
         brasero gwenview kde-guidance-powermanager openoffice.org-base-core openoffice.org-calc openoffice.org-common
         openoffice.org-core openoffice.org-draw openoffice.org-gnome openoffice.org-gtk openoffice.org-help-en-gb
         openoffice.org-help-en-us openoffice.org-impress openoffice.org-kde openoffice.org-l10n-en-gb
         openoffice.org-l10n-en-za openoffice.org-style-crystal openoffice.org-style-human openoffice.org-writer
         python-uno
        0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 20 not upgraded.
        Does this mean I must first uninstall openoffice2.4 in order to get openoffice3 --- I thought they would not touch each other?

Isix
        Cheers,<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Isix<br />______________________________________<br />&quot;Views and opinions expressed by me are not necessarily true --- they merely remain my views and opinions&quot;<br />______________________________________

Comment

Does this mean I must first uninstall openoffice2.4 in order to get openoffice3 --- I thought they would not touch each other?
          If you installed OOo3 from the official debs on the OOo website it would install in parallel, so you wouldbn't affect your 2.4 version. The edition of OOo3 in the PPA repository though, is set as an upgrade of OOo 2.4, so the older version will be removed.

I can't guarantee anything for you of course, but I've been using the PPA OOo3 since it came out and I've had no issues whatsoever. I'm liking 3.0.1 ;-)

Comment

openoffice3 in intrepid

Here is a link that helped me to get it working:
            http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-T...10-96449.shtml

I have also noticed that sometimes the download do not download KDE support. Sometimes after the install there are no icons. So I usually go to the package manager and download the KDE support, and it works.

I hope this helps.

Pookito
            You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
            Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
            Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

I tried to download OOo3 from the official website and then install it, but it failed miserably. That's why I recommend you not to expect a clean installation after downloading it, it doesn't work always. And yes, the repo version is supposed to upgrade OOo 2.4, not OOo 3.0.1-rc as I noticed later... It may work if you just have installed OOo 3.0.0, but I can't say for sure.
              Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
              Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
              Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
              Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Thanks marek_online, that is crystal clear --- thru PPA the version 2.4 is upgraded with 3.

I will maybe create a new thread for a related problem --- I succesfully installed OOo3 but the shortcut icons in the toolbars disappears and only individual icons will show up when the mouse hovers over its position.

Cheers,
                Isix

Comment

Working...
                X