This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJSplit (Solved)

I need to install HJSplit in KDE 4.2. Anyone know how to? The java version works great in Hardy with kde 3.5.10 but it doesn't seem to work in 4.2. Any suggestions?
    Oneiric 11.10 KDE Version 4.7.4<br />Duo core 1.8 Intel<br />4 gig ram<br />Nvidia Go 7300 Graphics<br />Dell E1505 Laptop<br /><br />I&#39;m a happy pappy with Linux on my lappy!!!

Re: HJSplit

I use hjsplit for java on my 8.04 kde 3.5 system with no problems. So I decided to try it on 4.2 the same way but it's not working. I checked to make sure java is installed and it is. I downloaded the java version to my home/ed/hjsplit directory. If I go to that directory in dolphin and press f4 and enter the command java -jar hjsplit_g.jar it works. I went to my k menu edit and tried to add it to my menu like this command java -jar/home/ed/hjsplit/hjsplit_g.jar it does not work. It looks like it's going to start but doesn't. So I guess I'm missing a command or something. Any ideas? Thanks. Ed
    Oneiric 11.10 KDE Version 4.7.4<br />Duo core 1.8 Intel<br />4 gig ram<br />Nvidia Go 7300 Graphics<br />Dell E1505 Laptop<br /><br />I&#39;m a happy pappy with Linux on my lappy!!!

Comment

java -jar/home/ed/hjsplit/hjsplit_g.jar
      Is that typo and you have: "java -jar /home/ed/hjsplit/hjsplit_g.jar" ?

Here with the KDE 4.2 (Jaunty) and the HJSplit is working with the "java -jar /path/to/hjsplit_g.jar" from the K-Menu.
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Well rog I did not have the space between java -jar and /home. I feel really stupid right now. But it works fine now. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X