X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alien Arena new map location?

Howdy
    I have been playing Alien Arena and like it well enough, but we need to load some new maps
    I found new maps and skins, but I can't figure out where to put them in my system.
    Anyone feel free to be so kind and fill this numbskull in
    Brian Rodgers

Re: Alien Arena new map location?

Oh I forgot to post where I found the maps.
    http://www.forsakenweb.com/alienarena/

Comment

COR Entertainment Forum
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Okay I signed up over at the Code-red forums, but the information gleaned isn't getting me where i need to go. The obvious answer to my question from the standpoint of the gamers is to put the map files in my Alien Arena folder, well duh. I have been looking for the Alien Arena folder since I began this journey.

Their suggestion is: "You can put them either in the game's main installation folder, ie under "alienarena2008/arena/maps"(for maps) and "alienarena2008/arena/players"(for skins), or under the user based folder structure such as "home/user/.codered/arena/maps", etc."

I am looking, but unable to find any folders with these keywords "arena" "maps" "alien" "codered"

This feels like my ineptitude with Linux file systems to me. Kubuntu works so well out of the box I forgot everything I only vaguely knew to begin with as far as files and command lines.

please someone give a clue, as it is most obvious I haven't one.
        Adept installed everything for Alien Arena. I didn't pay any attention to where files were going.

Thanks in advance,
        Brian Rodgers
        A screen shot of my file folder /usr
        Attached Files

Comment

Click on your Home folder, then look for the .codered folder. Make sure your settings allow you to see hidden files and folders as anything that starts with a period like .codered will be hidden otherwise.

Comment

Cool thanks

Comment

Working...
            X