This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jpilot and sync not working

The system *sees* the palm treo 650 when I press the hotsync button (I had to 'sudo modprobe visor' to get the necessary module to be there; dmesg lines show it on ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1) But jpilot will NOT begin the sync. (Have set preferences|settings|port to ttyUSB0, then ttyUSB1, then usb: - none work). Data rates set at same speed.

Re: jpilot and sync not working

rcelllis: I use Jpilot also with Palm TX, previously with Palm m515. I simply leave the setting blank, i.e. "serial port: other".

It has worked for me this way with these two different Palm Pilots and on both Hardy and Intrepid.

Paul

Comment

Re: jpilot and sync not working

I tried to set it to 'other' but it 'sticks' to whatever I last had it set to.

The odd thing. I did a complete 'clean' re-install of Intrepid Ibex and then tried to sync.... jpilot continued to fail, but kpilot *DID* sync. Right after that I tried jpilot and *IT* synced..... once. Now I can't get anything to sync.

Other symptoms - sometimes when I plug the treo sync cable in and press the button the system does NOT see the device.. Other times it sees it, but the dmesg shows that it's established the ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1 established. Other times it reports that it's using the generic usb device. Either way, I change jpilot to what it seems to be looking for and try again - but no joy.

Something is unstable in this situation.

Comment

Working...
      X