X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vertical tasbar (panel) in kde 4.x

As it's my first post here, I would like to say hi to everyone
    I did some search and haven't found what I'm looking for. Please forgive if I just miss the answer

I would like to have vertical taskbar (or panel, whatever you call it here) in my KDE 4.x. I'm addicted to it, and just can't work with horizontal one I would like to make it similar to one that I use on windows xp. Have a look on a attached picture.
    I have tried to make vertical kde panel, but after placing there even standard widgets, like menu start, time & date, connected devices etc it looks horrible! Nothing looks as it should be, and the worst and most unusable is program bar... It looks like it can only work fine in horizontal position
    On openSuSe and KDE 3.5.x it was possible....
    Attached Files

Re: Vertical tasbar (panel) in kde 4.x

Just click on the Cashew on the panel to activate the editing of it. Then click and hold on the panel below it and drag it to the left (or right) edge of your screen and let go.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Is this what you want?
      http://www.fintan-gastro-consulting.ch/Desktop1.png

Easy peasy as snowhog suggested
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
        Just click on the Cashew on the panel to activate the editing of it. Then click and hold on the panel below it and drag it to the left (or right) edge of your screen and let go.
        Damn.. noob me Thanks. In KDE 4.1 this functionality was a total crap. After upgrade to 4.2 I had some strange problems with plasma when I was doing it. But after another try it's OK.

Comment

Working...
        X