This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No keyboard input in KDE 4.2

It's like the keyboard isn't even plugged in. It worked at first. the keyboard will work with any other DE or WM.

Re: No keyboard input in KDE 4.2

What type of keyboard? Is it a PS/2 keyboard?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Does Ctrl-Alt-Delete work? (which resets your system). I had a similiar situation (after a failed attempt to update from nvidia driver 177 to 180) - Got the log-in screen, but no keyboard nor mouse - BUT - the Ctrl-Alt-Delete *DID* work. Not sure what was going on, (very probably related to a incompatible compiled module and/or xorg.conf references not right) but I ended up re-installing from scratch.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I'd forgotten that I posted this. I've gone back to KDE 3.5, so I guess this is moot for now.

Comment

Greetings! I have an identical problem. Just upgraded to KDE 4.2, and neither do I have any window borders, nor does the keyboard input work. The keyboard works fine while KDE is loading (I can type into the sticky note that is on the desktop), but at some point just stops reacting on text input. Keyboard shortcuts such as CRTL+ESC, CTRL+ALT+DEL, CTRL+ALT+Fn work fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S.: If possible, could somebody please give me a hint on the window borders? I even remember there used to be a shortcut to access the window view menu, but it's totally out of my mind at the moment ((% Thanks!

Comment

Guys, I have figured it out. KWin was not installed for some reason. After its manual installation both problems have disappeared. And yes, KDE 4.2 does look better than 4.1 (:

Comment

I had faced similar problems after upgrading to kde 4.2 .. it got solved..

hope this helps

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...8351#msg168351

read through the whole thing..

Comment

Originally posted by deletio
                I even remember there used to be a shortcut to access the window view menu, but it's totally out of my mind at the moment ((% Thanks!
                ALT+F3 pulls down the window menu on my system (Kubuntu 8.04.2 / KDE 3.5.10)

HTH
                Welcome newbies!
                Verify the ISO
                Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Working...
                X