This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error - Plasma Workspace

After upgrading KDE 4.1.4 to KDE 4.2.00 a few days back, and after a normal shutdown and reboot, I'm getting a Plasma Workspace error notification:

"The process for the trash protocol died unexpectedly."

There is only an option to acknowledge the error (OK) which closes the notification. I've tested deleting items - they show up in the trash - and emptying the trash - it works without any problems.

What's causing the error notification, and what do I need to do to correct what ever is causing it?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Error - Plasma Workspace

Did you try removing your Trash widget and replacing it?

Comment

It seems to be an issue that happened at times on KDE 3 as well (not Plasma, I think). Look way down to the last few posts on this thread -- I think there's a solution in there somewhere:

http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=97148

Comment

Nope. That bug was related to "pre-plasma" KDE versions.

Comment

There is a bug report filed on bugs.kde.org on this: Bug 177866 It's listed as unconfirmed, and there are only myself and the original poster (at this time).

Comment

Working...
          X