This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Install OOo 3.0.1 Unmet Dependencies

Whenever I try to install OOo 3.0.1 (the stable version, not the RC) I get an error message on Adept Installer. A package was being held... Then I try to install it from a terminal window, but just after I enter this command:

sudo apt-get install -f -m --ignore-hold --force-yes openoffice.org openoffice.org-core openoffice.org-writer openoffice.org-calc openoffice.org-impress openoffice.org-draw openoffice.org-math openoffice.org-base openoffice.org-report-builder-bin openoffice.org-officebean openoffice.org-writer2latex openoffice.org-filter-mobiledev openoffice.org-java-common openoffice.org-filter-binfilter openoffice.org-common dictionaries-common
    it shows up another error message:

openoffice.org-common: Conflicts: dictionaries-common (< 0.98.14) but 0.98.9ubuntu1 is to be installed
    Could you please tell me what can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
    Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
    Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
    Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
    Using Linux since June, 2008

Re: Cannot Install OOo 3.0.1 Unmet Dependencies

Where did you get your debs for OpenOffice?

If you're using the OOo debs direct from the website, there might be discrepancies between the names of dependencies and the names of corresponding packages in the Ubuntu repositories.

The final release version is available here:

I've just installed it and it seems to work perfectly, tailored for Kubuntu (working kde integration with KDE 4.2, which had been a problem).

Hope that helps.

Comment

Re: Cannot Install OOo 3.0.1 Unmet Dependencies

Well, I got it from there this morning (at 2 or 3 o'clock...) and I don't really know why it just went wrong so many times before...

I used the commands

sudo dpkg --configure -a

and

sudo dpkg --configure -a && sudo apt-get -f install

and it never fixed it, it kept telling me I was holding (broken) packages. Then things changed dramatically after I installed a small application from the Adept Installer, suddenly it let me install whatever I wanted.

First it just installed OOo 2.4 from the official repositories but later, after I chose to upgrade my applications, the new OOo 3.0.1 appeared and, well, I couldn't resist any longer and let it install it. Now it runs smoothly...

Of course, the big problem was that I had the OOo 3.0.1 RC installed on my system at first and Adept didn't like it for some reason and forced me to uninstall it instead of just upgrade it to the stable version... Weird...
      Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
      Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
      Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
      Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Working...
      X