Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Solved-ish] EnvyNG - 180.xx Soon? Never? Quit crying...?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved-ish] EnvyNG - 180.xx Soon? Never? Quit crying...?

Anyone know if nVIDIA 180.xx drivers are coming to EnvyNG or Restricted anytime soon (II)?

Re: EnvyNG - 180.xx Soon? Never? Quit crying and just install the old fashioned way?

No need for Envy. Look for nVidia-180 in the repos. I don't know why it's not set up as an upgrade from 177, but I think it's been sitting there for a while.

nVidia-177 will be removed.

I installed it yesterday. Had to reboot rather than just restart X, but it works fine, and has successfully gotten rid of that nasty corruption of the panel that OpenOffice was causing.

Comment

Re: EnvyNG - 180.xx Soon? Never? Quit crying and just install the old fashioned way?

Originally posted by marek_online

No need for Envy. Look for nVidia-180 in the repos. I don't know why it's not set up as an upgrade from 177, but I think it's been sitting there for a while...
      Thanks for the advice... I had noticed the 180 in the repos, but I like the added security of using a normal/"supported"/friendly install for my graphics drivers these days... way to many boots into a blank screen after a kernel update for me to ever want to go back... especially since i finally have our desktop switched to linux full-time...

Anyone know about EnvyNG

Comment

Originally posted by marek_online

No need for Envy. Look for nVidia-180 in the repos. I don't know why it's not set up as an upgrade from 177, but I think it's been sitting there for a while.

nVidia-177 will be removed.

I installed it yesterday. Had to reboot rather than just restart X, but it works fine, and has successfully gotten rid of that nasty corruption of the panel that OpenOffice was causing.
        Well, I didn't want to install this way, but with 180 not showing up in EnvyNG, I felt I had little choice for the obvious reasons (177 is garbage for 6/7). So, I did and it just worked for some reason.

Thanks marek for giving me the confidence to just say to heck with it and install.

Comment

Re: [Solved-ish] EnvyNG - 180.xx Soon? Never? Quit crying...?

Although this is possible more for the Hardware section I can say the 180.* driver is causing a black screen on my Toshiba S5 with Nvidia Quadro NVS 130M.
          The 174 and 177 series do work.

Comment

Working...
          X