Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do i have to do to make xine work ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do i have to do to make xine work ?

Since xinehq.de doesn't work and i don't know where i can post this thread .I thought about asking you guys and i hope that you can help me

I've installed xine-lib 1.1.16.1 but it doesn't work .So i think that there is something i have to install like a package or something ... newbie ... that make xine work .So what do i have to have to make xine work ?

Re: What do i have to do to make xine work ?

I installed the following:

xine-ui
    libxine1-ffmpeg
    phonon-backend-xine
    lixine1-x
    libxine1-bin
    libxine1-plugins
    libxine1-misc-plugins
    libxine1
    libxinerama
    libxine1-console

You may need to have the universe and multiverse repositories enabled to get all this.
    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Thanks i've installed them all and reinstalled libxine but it didn't work.
      Every time i try to run gxine it gives me this error "No video output driver could be loaded" and you know as a newbie i come up with the packages idea .Now, i don't know what to do

Comment

Try running just plain old xine instead of gxine.

Another thing to check, and this is a long shot, but

Systemsettings>Multimedia>Backend

There should be a panel that says Phonon Xine Backend. On the Deinterlacing panel, see what method is checked. Mine says use_vo_driver. If that doesn't work, try something else and see if that fixes it.

Not really sure what's wrong at this point. Maybe someone else can help.
        We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

I got tired from xine so switched to VLC but i'll see about that
          Thanks for the help

Comment

This is very closely related to another post on xine.

I've done everything instructed and still can't get xine to work.

I really wanted to watch the latest BSG episode on Hulu but that's all I could do, watch it. No sound.

Comment

Working...
            X