X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google gadgets support on KDE 4.2.0

Hi all

I have a question regarding the packages of KDE 4.2.0 for k/ubuntu from ppa. Ok, KDE is officially released now, and I got the updates now. But what I miss is the google gadgets integration in it. I thought they were integrated into master and officially released with KDE 4.2.0. (This is what the code.google.com page says) and I know that I have it in the neon-nightly. But what happened with it in the backported packages?

The guys working for KDE have a really impresive release...

Re: Google gadgets support on KDE 4.2.0

I've read that other distros have this package as part of 4.2. I'm not sure why kubuntu doesn't.

Comment

I have the exactly some question! I'm very frustrated with this, i try to use google gadgets in kubuntu 8.10 since i upgraded to kde 4.2 beta1, beta2 comes, RC, final version and i still cannot get it working. I Already leaved a message in the kubuntu mailling list, but no answer, at least some kubuntu manteiner, could came here and say, "It is not available", it will save us a huge amount of time that we wast googleing around for an answer.

Comment

I asked the question on the KDE forums just now.
        http://forum.kde.org/google-gadgets-...2-t-28883.html

Comment

That's a very bad news! Kubuntu developers should be reconsidering it and provide a solution... If not i'll be opening another thread asking which is the best debian based alternative to kubuntu... :P

Comment

There is some workaround?

Comment

Originally posted by mathiasbrito
              That's a very bad news! Kubuntu developers should be reconsidering it and provide a solution... If not i'll be opening another thread asking which is the best debian based alternative to kubuntu... :P

I am using KDE 4.2 and Google Gadgets works for me, what am I doing right?

Comment

Originally posted by tomp01
                Do you have Google Desktop installed?

Comment

Originally posted by kjjjjshab
                  Do you have Google Desktop installed?
                  No. I haven't installed it

Comment

Took me forever to figure this out but for all of you wondering, it's the nightly build that has google gadgets pre configured and installed. If you add the neon repo and then do sudo apt-get install kde-nightly you'll get kde-google-gadgets installed. Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by jmadero
                      Took me forever to figure this out but for all of you wondering, it's the nightly build that has google gadgets pre configured and installed. If you add the neon repo and then do sudo apt-get install kde-nightly you'll get kde-google-gadgets installed. Hope this helps
                      Yes, that makes sense I have the Project Neon installed.

Comment

tomp, how many google gadgets do you have? I used to have 66 pages (last week when I installed) then just now figuring out it's the nightly build I now only have one page of google gadgets (about 5 widgets). I think I did an add on in adept before but the addon I keep trying kees spitting out dependency errors based on libplasma2 which is not uninstallable because libplasma3 has been released and replaces version 2, unfortunately for me version 3 does not meet the dependencieis for the plasma-addons. Any ideas how to get more? Thanks!

Comment

Solved: to get all gadgets

sudo apt-get install kde-nightly-kdeplasma-addons

as always, thanks to everyone who support each other and I hope this helps someone or everyone out

Comment

tomp, how many google gadgets do you have?
                            If I select English (US) on the drop down menu then I get 61 pages.

Comment

Yes, that makes sense I have the Project Neon installed.
                              I have project neon as well... but google gadgets are not installed: I mean, the gadget browser appears, I can "Add" some gadgets (install, I suppose), but no gadgets anywhere... what's wrong?

Comment

Working...
                              X