This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errors setting time in kde-4.2rc

I just discovered that time setting does not appear to work.
    From kde-4.2, Kicker>Systemsettings>Date&Time

Check "Set time and date automatically", apply.

Error messages:Unable to contact time server: Public time server (pool.ntp.or
    Cannot set date
    Error setting new time zone

Using 'sudo ntpdate pool.ntp.org' works, but only after I kill ntpd (that's the way it's supposed to work)

It never asks for my password, maybe there's a problem there.
    There is nothing to click on for 'administrator mode', and of course the help system returns nothing.
    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Re: Errors setting time in kde-4.2rc

After I "resumed" my desktop system from Suspend To Ram one day last week, I also noticed that the time display on the panel was "frozen". I right-clicked it and it instantly jumped to the correct time. But, I think there's reason to suspect a bug in there. I haven't seen a repeat occurrence, and I didn't capture enough information at the time to make a respectable bug report.

Comment

Originally posted by doctordruidphd
      I just discovered that time setting does not appear to work.
      I have the same problem with KDE 4.2 and look forward to a fix.

Comment

It is a known problem and I look forward to a fix as well. Check here..
        https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...do/+bug/312569
        Oneiric 11.10 KDE Version 4.7.4<br />Duo core 1.8 Intel<br />4 gig ram<br />Nvidia Go 7300 Graphics<br />Dell E1505 Laptop<br /><br />I&#39;m a happy pappy with Linux on my lappy!!!

Comment

Hmm. Yes, just tested here. Same errors. At least, if needed until they get this fixed, you can update the clock and hardware clock from the CLI.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X