Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Autoconnect issues with network manager.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autoconnect issues with network manager.

I'm having two problems with the Network manager:

1. I can't have more than one set to autoconnect, setting a second one to autoconnect, removes it from the first.

2. It won't autoconnect to a network with SSID broadcast off, even when I've manually added it, but selecting it from 'connect to other networks' connects just fine.

(This is in 8.10, and neither of these were problems in 8.04)

Re: Autoconnect issues with network manager.

I have problems with Knetworkmanager, so I install the Gnome equivalent, network-manager-gnome.
    Try install this package, in Adept or in Konsole (sudo apt-get install network-manager-gnome).
    Close the Knetworkmanager, start the new one typing nm-applet in Krunner or Konsole and try it. If it resolve your problem, you can add it to Kickoff (right click > menu editor) or start automatically in systemsettings>advanced>autostart.

If you find a grammar error in my text, is because English is not my native language :-)

Comment

I had a terrible time with knetwork manager too. No connection at startup then I would get it to connect and it would disconnect minutes later and so on, so I installed Wicd... Installation instructions here http://wicd.sourceforge.net/download.php. I have had no problems whatsoever for over 2 weeks now. Hope this helps
      Oneiric 11.10 KDE Version 4.7.4<br />Duo core 1.8 Intel<br />4 gig ram<br />Nvidia Go 7300 Graphics<br />Dell E1505 Laptop<br /><br />I&#39;m a happy pappy with Linux on my lappy!!!

Comment

I'm simply cut off from internet cos knetworkmanager do not bring up the ethernet card, and my old adsl modem won't works as well. I tried opensuse11 and got no problems with his knetworkmanager so I suspect the one provided in the kubuntu package gotta faulty attitude on my rig.
        By the way I've a dual athlon64 with onboard realtek rtl8111 and installed kubuntu 64 flavor. Since I don't like opensuse at all and I would like to be stick on kubuntu I would be grateful to somebody with a useful workaround for this situatuion.

Comment

For wired connections try this:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3100052.0

Comment

thank you very much man - you pull me off the mud
            I would offer a beer to you if I was there

PS: for those like me who had eth0 not active, you just got to issue from console:
            sudo ifconfig eth0 up

Comment

Working...
            X