This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Kubuntu 8.10

I was looking for help in setting up my new desktop. I am newbee and I was looking for a tutorial on how to setup my desktop. How do I setup properly. I saw all the utube and compiz fusion and that look really nice. Any suggestions? Thanks I really appreciate it.

Re: New to Kubuntu 8.10

If you select the kmenu (our equivalent of the start button) and select system settings/appearance you can change colours/themes/display fonts etc.

Have a browse through all the applications and run through those that immediately interest you. The most obvious are things like firefox/openoffice/amarok (a media player) and stuff like that. Simply by right clicking on them you can copy them to "favourites" for example. Also, if you get an urge to put them on the panel at the bottom of the screen if you right click on the desktop and select "unlock widgets" when you next right click on the applications entry in the menu you will see "add to panel" as an option.

Remember that when you are done you should right click again and "lock widgets" otherwise you are vulnerable to a careless click.

Fancy stuff - kmenu/system settings/desktop and enable desktop effects. Have a play around in there and see what takes your fancy.

Enjoy exploring.

Comment

Working...
    X