This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED]KDE 4.2 RC1

First off my hat is off to the KDE guys this latest release of KDE 4.2 is beautiful.

However that being said I am sad to report that I do have one small issue that is actually quite major for me.

My system tray is enabled and working but it does not show any icons in it whatsoever. Has anyone else came across this issue and if possible found a fix for it? Thanks in advance for any assistance with this matter.
    Kubuntu II on both Laptop and Desktop and some servers here at the office

Re: KDE 4.2 RC1

Is your System Tray on the Desktop or on the Panel? Can you see any of it?
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

I have my system tray on both my desktop (just for testing purposes of this little bugger) and also on both of my panels for each monitor. Normally I only have one system tray but while trying to figure this out I have enabled this thing all over the place to try and figure out what is going on here. Thanks.

Comment

did you send a bug report to bugs.kde.org?
        Kubuntu 9.04<br /><br /><br />http://www.kubuntucomputergeeks.com

Comment

I have not sent one in yet just wanted to see if anyone else has come across this issue yet. I will submit a bug report though. Thanks.

Comment

Ok so I tried this out today on lunch with my PC at home which is running Kubuntu II 8.10 x64 and the system tray is working properly in there so this just seems to be limited to my laptop here at the office. It almost seems like the widget did not get updated properly during the update. I wonder if there is a way to reinstall the widget?

BTW I did file a bug report for this with KDE as well

Comment

Re: [SOLVED]KDE 4.2 RC1

Ok I have fixed my little issue here. I ended up marking all of the packages that had anything to do with widgets as a reinstall and this fixed my problem. Thanks for the help today.

Comment

Working...
              X