This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kbluetooth 0.3

I noticed they finally released a working kbluetooth (0.3)
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...?content=84761

Unfortunately I was not successful in compiling it here in Intrepid (with KDE 4.2rc1), has anyone else gotten it to work and if so I'd love to know how (or hell a ppa link would be even better). I am pretty good with config (c)make compiles etc, but I long since gave up learning to program so I am fairly lost here. Here's as far as I got:

[ 3%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/kbluetooth4.dir/agent/agent.o
    /home/srelysian/kbluetooth4/src/agent/agent.cpp: In member function ‘void Agent::Authorize(QDBusObjectPath, const QString&)’:
    /home/srelysian/kbluetooth4/src/agent/agent.cpp:75: error: ‘class Solid::Control::BluetoothInterface’ has no member named ‘findBluetoothRemoteDeviceUBI’
    /home/srelysian/kbluetooth4/src/agent/agent.cpp:76: error: ‘class Solid::Control::BluetoothRemoteDevice’ has no member named ‘name’
    /home/srelysian/kbluetooth4/src/agent/agent.cpp:77: error: ‘class Solid::Control::BluetoothRemoteDevice’ has no member named ‘address’
    /home/srelysian/kbluetooth4/src/agent/agent.cpp:84: error: ‘class Solid::Control::BluetoothRemoteDevice’ has no member named ‘setTrusted’
    /home/srelysian/kbluetooth4/src/agent/agent.cpp:85: error: ‘class Solid::Control::BluetoothRemoteDevice’ has no member named ‘name’
    /home/srelysian/kbluetooth4/src/agent/agent.cpp: In member function ‘QString Agent::RequestPinCode(QDBusObjectPath)’:
    /home/srelysian/kbluetooth4/src/agent/agent.cpp:105: error: ‘class Solid::Control::BluetoothInterface’ has no member named ‘findBluetoothRemoteDeviceUBI’
    /home/srelysian/kbluetooth4/src/agent/agent.cpp:107: error: ‘class Solid::Control::BluetoothRemoteDevice’ has no member named ‘name’
    /home/srelysian/kbluetooth4/src/agent/agent.cpp:108: error: ‘class Solid::Control::BluetoothRemoteDevice’ has no member named ‘address’
    /home/srelysian/kbluetooth4/src/agent/agent.cpp: In member function ‘quint32 Agent::RequestPasskey(QDBusObjectPath)’:
    /home/srelysian/kbluetooth4/src/agent/agent.cpp:125: error: ‘class Solid::Control::BluetoothInterface’ has no member named ‘findBluetoothRemoteDeviceUBI’
    /home/srelysian/kbluetooth4/src/agent/agent.cpp:127: error: ‘class Solid::Control::BluetoothRemoteDevice’ has no member named ‘name’
    /home/srelysian/kbluetooth4/src/agent/agent.cpp:128: error: ‘class Solid::Control::BluetoothRemoteDevice’ has no member named ‘address’
    make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/kbluetooth4.dir/agent/agent.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/kbluetooth4.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    Linux User #481054<br />Kubuntu User #24956

Re: Kbluetooth 0.3

oh how exciting, i will attempt to compile and let u know
    wait a second there are no makefiles or ./configure, ummm what did you do to get that far. and also i noticed in the note section

- the latest bluez4 and obex-data-server packages are needed
    - the latest kdebase4-workspace package is needed (solid-bluetooth with bluez4 support)
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Kbluetooth 0.3 binaries (KDE >= 4:4.1.96) are in the Jaunty repositories > Ubuntu Packages >> Package: kdebluetooth (they could work with Intrepid).

Hmm (?) - i386 version is 1:0.3-0ubuntu1 but amd64 is 1:0.2-0ubuntu2.

There are also Kubuntu (Debianized) sources, compiling is a bit easier than from the raw sources...
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

They are working on it, apparently not only do they need to put up the new workspace but the app needs to be patched as well. I guess I wasted my time trying, oh well, atleast they are finally fixing it. I know I am not the only one who is excited about it. w00t! I've been watching a few reports and posts on it, and it seems like it will definitely be in by the official 4.2 release (which, if I remember correctly, is (was?) scheduled for the end of January.

Now if only they will back-port the 2.6.28 kernel to Intrepid so I don't have to hold keys down to boot my laptop anymore.
        Linux User #481054<br />Kubuntu User #24956

Comment

i installed it from the jaunty link above , the icon shows up after a X resart.
          however i currently don't have ne bluetooth items to pair up w/ it.
          so i will let ya'll know about that when i home. ( i can use push/obex/PAN services w/ my other devices).

very excited to hear this will be included in the 4.2 release due out the 27th of this month.

Comment

I just noticed it for my Intrepid install, without any special Jaunty magic required.

Comment

well using this version i can not pair it with my blackjack II.
              i get a prompt on the phone to put in the passcode so i do. after that i get no pairing prompt on my laptop at all. and attempts to send files via bluetooth to the phone shows as if its working on the laptop but i never get any sort of prompt on the phone or a transfer dialog on the computer , just dissapears after selcecting device and pressing send.

Comment

Today my system updated to the (amd 64) Kbluetooth 0.3 and now I can send files to my phone but I still can not send files back to the computer. I am not sure if I am missing something. Unfortunately bluetooth was one of those trial and error things where I installed and removed so many things, I don't know what I have - but at least I can send files to the phone so things are much better now.

Comment

Obex transfer is a bit buggy. I can send files to my phone, but not to my Palm PDA (I have no problems with Gnome applet so it must be a kbluetooth problem).

Comment

I found that if I use gnome-obex-server in conjunction with Kbluetooth I can send and receive files. I thought I would have to disable the obex server under the settings of kbluetooth but it seems to work without any changes to the default settings

Comment

Working...
                    X