• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Openoffice 3.0.1 problems [SOLVED]

Hi,

I'm using the RC debs for OOo 3.0.1 for intrepid from this PPA:

Code:
    http://ppa.launchpad.net/openoffice-pkgs/ubuntu intrepid main
    I'm getting two problems, each a showstopper in its way.

If I install the openoffice.org-kde package, neither the menu items nor panel icons will launch the program. I can't get it to run from the command line either.

If I don't install that package the program will run, but will not open any documents. Either clicking on the "Open..." option in the File menu, or the "Open..." icon just has no effect - I get no error message, no file browser to choose the file.

Any suggestions as to what I haven't done? Or is this a known bug (didn't see anything much use after Googling though)?

Cheers.

Re: Openoffice 3.0.1 problems

Hi

I can't suggest a solution to your issue as I am using the OO3 packages from www.openoffice.org. No problems with them, other than they appear to use the OOo open/save/print dialogs, rather than the kde ones. Very quick in operation.

Debs are available. If you decide to go that way instead, let me know.

Ian

Comment

Re: Openoffice 3.0.1 problems

Hi Liquidator,

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try the 3.0 debs back in October I think, but found the OOo print dialogs just a tad distracting - a very minor thing, but one that niggled. Given that I wasn't (and am still not really) having any difficulties with 2.4, I figured I'd hold out for a nice seamless Kubuntu version. Guess I'll just wait for the full release to be backported, hopefully in the next few weeks!

Cheers,

M

Comment

Re: Openoffice 3.0.1 problems [SOLVED]

The debs in the above repository have been updated to the release version, which works perfectly (or seems to at least).

Now if only I could get those OpenGL slide transitions in Impress...

Comment

Working...
        X