This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kde 4.1.4 update?

Will kde 4.1.4 ever transition to unsupported updates?

Because I do not want to enable pre released updates....

My kubuntu updated to kde 4.1.3 fine..... I just assumed that it would do the same with the latest release.

Re: kde 4.1.4 update?

You only have 13 days until KDE 4.2 is released.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I would prefer to upgrade to 4.1.4 and wait until 4.2 is released with Jaunty.

ps. I dont understand why this update is different than the 4.1.3 update.

Comment

Enable the Pre-released updates repository and join the party. I did the other day, and I'm at 4.1.4 and I've not seen any problems with my system.

Comment

Why did the 4.1.3 update not require the enabling of pre-released updates?

Comment

Probably because the 4.1.3 update was just that - an update to KDE 4.1.2. KDE 4.1.4 is a pre-release to KDE 4.2.

Comment

I thought that pre-release updates are experimental?

"Pre-released Updates"

The testing area for updates. This repository is recommended only to those interested in helping to test updates and provide feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
                Probably because the 4.1.3 update was just that - an update to KDE 4.1.2. KDE 4.1.4 is a pre-release to KDE 4.2.
                4.1.4 went to Intrepid-Proposed - 4.1.4 is mostly a bug fix release, or point release

we also released 4.1.96, which is also known as the 4.2 release candidate. This is the pre-release to 4.2
                I'm French, I like to be kissed on the mouth!

Comment

So why wouldn't 4.1.4 go to Unsuported updates(aka Backport Updates) like kde 4.1.3 did?
                  I must be misunderstanding something...

Unsuported = Backports of stable updates that are beyond "Important security updates"

Pre Release = Beta testing bugs/bleeding edge?

Comment

It's my impression that packages in proposed should eventually move to the other repos (likely backports in this case)...it's sort of a testing/staging repository.

Comment

But, as you noted in the other post, 4.1.4 is primarily a bug-fix to 4.1.3, which was an update to 4.1.2. So, it should have been in the regular repository, else how would the bug-fixes get applied to those with 4.1.3?

Comment

Perhaps they wanted to test the packages first by putting it to proposed.

Comment

Working...
                        X