This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kopete msn in kde 4.2 rc1

MSN plugin is gone again from this release. libmsn is still in the ppt so I am not sure why kopete was not built with MSN support. I compiled it myself and it all seems good.

Re: kopete msn in kde 4.2 rc1

Nice, after updating kdenetowork today msn is back in.

Comment

Iam using KDE4.2 RC1 and I installed kdenetwork package then i installed libmsn but still i dont have msn support in kopete. Do I need to recompile kopete with msn support ?

Comment

After update to kde 4.2 RC1 msn plugin was gone. There was a second update yesterday and I am assuming that that is what brought msn plugin back in. Currently installed version of kopete on my system is kopete_4.1.96-0ubuntu1~intrepid1~ppa4. I am very new to kubuntu and I am not 100% clear with naming structure, but I think "ppa4" in version name means that there was "ppa1" package there before which got upgraded. If you have the same version of kopete as I do that could mean one of two things:
        1. You do not realize that MSN plugin is gone and it is replaced with WLM plugin (Windows Live Messenger, I am guessing ) or
        2. I have MSN plugin and you do not because I compiled and installed kopete myself between two updates and my MSN plugin is leftover from my compiled version or one of dev packages I had to install in order to meet prerequisites for compiling kopete.

Comment

I upgraded to KDE 4.2 rc1 and my MSN account was erased however all I did was re set it up and it was back.
          Kubuntu 9.04<br /><br /><br />http://www.kubuntucomputergeeks.com

Comment

Working...
          X