This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED - sort of] Dolphin progress indicator? - KDE 4.2 Beta 2

I'm using Dolphin 1.1.80 (on Kubuntu 8.10 + KDE 4.2 Beta 2) to copy around some moderate-sided (GB) file trees. How can I keep track of the progress that Dolphin is making on the copies?

There's a notification popup that shows progress initially, but this disappears after a few seconds - long before the copy is complete. There's also the little message in the status window at the bottom when it's done, but that's only useful if I've left that instance of Dolphin running (how would I know to do that?) and if I don't miss it in the rest of the status chatter. In any case, there's no visual feedback that I can see about an ongoing copy.

Konqueror now exhibits this same behavior, but without even the miniscule end of copy message.

I discovered this, unfortunately, after trying to use what turned out to be a partially copied tree with another application (Thunderbird) that needed it all. It made quite a mess of my mail.

Re: Dolphin progress indicator? - KDE 4.2 Beta 2

You can bring up this notification by clicking on the icon "computer" in the trybar (not the computer for the notification for plugged devices).

When you Copy, Paste, Move, Delete files or folders appears second icon of a "computer".

Comment

Re: Dolphin progress indicator? - KDE 4.2 Beta 2

Ah. Thank you! I missed that when I was wandering around trying to figure out where it had gone wrong.

I do wish that this were more visibly connected to the ongoing operation, but at least I have a way now.

I've found a few more of these trees since my earlier post. It looks like Dolphin's instability in the beta has been contributing here. Perhaps this wasn't the best place for me to start with KDE 4.

Comment

Working...
      X