This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Creating DVDs

yes i noticed last night when i was makeing my dvd using devede that it will not auto resize the videos bitrate i strongly sugest that you make 1 dvd per movie if you must do all 3 on one dvd you will have to set the video bitrate to about 1000kbps w/ auto of 128kbps. they will not look very clear on the dvd, and remember add 1 movie per title.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Sithlord,

If I may ask for your input again...say I have one movie (The Phantom Menace). It is divided up into two halves, each about a half a Gig. I would like to form one image file with the two of them, to burn onto a DVD. The capacity of the DVD is 4.7 GB. The image would be about a Gig. Then what would the bit rate be for this image creation? It defaulted to 5000 Kbps. I thought that was a little low. Was I wrong?

Thanks,
      theAdmiral

Comment

after you add the video and click ok you will be able to view how much space is taken up on the disk right below the add title/video area. there is no need to have you file split before processing, be sure when adding to check all the tabs on the lower half of this dialog. there you will abe able to select the amount of time between chapters for faster seeking.

sorry my box w/ the dvd i made and devede is currently broken in need of a power supply. and that should be here in a few days at that point i can post my first draft of the walkthrou for devede.
        check out some of the guides on dvd's and encoding on this page http://www.digital-digest.com

Comment

We have already covered this territory, Sithlord. I told you that I was getting an error that the image size could not be determined. I think I am beyond DeVeDe at this point. My files for Star Wars are already encoded, and *.isos are made. I just need to figure out how to burn the *.isos to DVD. Retail copies of movies have *.isos on them, so I would imagine that the same holds true for this project. Wouldn't it?

Thanks,
          theAdmiral

Comment

i have never seen a retail movie with a .iso file on it....
            to burn the iso you would open k3b and on the bottom area select "Burn DVD ISO Image..." select your image and then you can burn

Comment

ok i got my computer back up and check out the disk i made w/dvdede , it works very nicely.
              Originally posted by theAdmiral
              Then what would the bit rate be for this image creation? It defaulted to 5000 Kbps. I thought that was a little low. Was I wrong?
              5000kbps for a 2 hr movie is somewhere around where your want the bitrate if your have the audio bit rate set to 224kbps (default), if you look just above where you can set the audio bitrate you can see the total file size (in MB). keep that around 4200MB and you should be fine.

Comment

Working...
              X