X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE4 settings manager...is there one?

Hello all,
    I'm a convert from PCLinuxOS 2007. It had KDE 3.5. I just recently did a clean install of Kubuntu 8.10 and am quickly learning that even though the new KDE looks nice it's harder to use. Or maybe I just have alot more to learn.

I've noticed there isn't a KDE settings manager installed and was wondering if there was one? In PCLinuxOS there was a settings manager just for KDE.

I also would like to say that the system settings in Kubuntu doesn't really give access to all the settings it could. I love the look and feel of Kubuntu but I wouldn't recommend it to someone that didn't know anything about Linux. PCLinuxOS comes with alot more useful applications installed and setup is much easier.

Re: KDE4 settings manager...is there one?

Originally posted by Grizzley
    Hello all,
    I'm a convert from PCLinuxOS 2007. It had KDE 3.5. I just recently did a clean install of Kubuntu 8.10 and am quickly learning that even though the new KDE looks nice it's harder to use. Or maybe I just have alot more to learn.
    I've noticed there isn't a KDE settings manager installed and was wondering if there was one? In PCLinuxOS there was a settings manager just for KDE.
    First I should say different distributions have different setting managers. PCLinuxOS, IMO has one of the best settings managers which kubuntu had no match.

Second: KDE4 is another desktop environment which is very different from KDE3.5, if you are very satisfied with KDE3.5 you're very likely to dislike KDE4.

At last: pclinuxos comes from mandriva and I think mandriva is a better choice for you, try mandriva 2009 and see if you can live with it better.

If you cannot live with KDE4 at all, it is always better to stay with KDE3.5, and PCLinuxOS really is one of the best KDE3.5-based distributions.

Comment

Working...
    X