This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kopete doesn't sign into MSN after KDE4.2 upgrade [solved]

This hasn't been mentioned on the forum yet but I though I'd get ahead of the game and let others know what's up.

After upgrading to KDE4.2 Kopete could not gain access to my MSN account. It mentioned something about the password being incorrect, even though I use Kwallet and hadn't entered the MSN password.

After much fiddling and desperation I finally decided to remove, restart the pc, then reinstall kopete in the vain hope that it would fix it.

It did!
    Here's why.

Before the reinstall, the messaging service name was MSN messenger, however after, it had change to WLM Messenger......Windows Live Messenger Plugin. My guess is that the change in plugin details were messing with the account verification or something.

[img width=400 height=353]http://e.imagehost.org/0364/Kopete1.png[/img]

So there you go. If/when you decide to upgrade to KDE4.2 and you run into this problem, you know how to fix it.

Perhaps one of the more competent members of the forum has a simpler method of resolving this issue and would like to share.

Re: Kopete doesn't sign into MSN after KDE4.2 upgrade [solved]

Thanks!

Comment

Re: Kopete doesn't sign into MSN after KDE4.2 upgrade [solved]

cheers mate

Though I didn't remove and reboot, I just added a account (right click) to my "Identity" choose WLM and it all ran nicely .. apart from weeks of offline messenges that came rolling up 8)

Jonas
      ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
      Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
      Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
      Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
      - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
      >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
      X