X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3d games lag

Hello Everyone!

I had been using Ubuntu 6.06 and recently shifted to Kubuntu 8.10. I don't have any problems with my installation, but when i try to play 3d games such as foobillard or freedroid-rpg, they seem to lag. I didn't have any such problem with my Ubuntu 6.06 installation.

I am using a Pentium IV with 1.2 GB memory (1GB + 256 MB) and my video card is intel...

Code:
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE Chipset Integrated Graphics Device (rev 03)
    Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Re: 3d games lag

Sounds like something like compiz, beryl or kwin-kde4 composite effects are enabled.
    Join the dark side<br />---------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Samsung NC10 netbook running<br />PCLinuxOS 2010 // Win XP

Comment

Re: 3d games lag

Originally posted by Gediminas2
      Sounds like something like compiz, beryl or kwin-kde4 composite effects are enabled.
      Yup, i have completely removed compiz. And no special effects have been enabled.

Ah... there i think i found where the problem exists (or i think so). The general display resolution i had been using with other installations was 1024x768. But Kubuntu boots either in 1152x864 or 864x648. foobillard works in 864x648 but not in 1152x864.

Now i cannot change my resolution to 1024x768 or any other. When i try to change the resolution, the screen "oscillates".

Everything else is fine with the system except this.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X