This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System Crashes 30mins in.

Just wondering if ANYONE else is getting a system crash or BOG down to extreme after 30mins or so.

I would like to run this kubuntu but it seems to stall after a while and I even get blinking keyboard lights at times.. Very odd, I was wondering if perhaps it was messing with CPU fans and causing system to crash.

Its a Intel Duo 2 6300+ running on a Gigabyte DS3P with a ATI 3700 card,.

This issue is rather frustrating because im not a elite linux user and barely know were to start in resolving this issue. (I managed to fix couple others thought)

Re: System Crashes 30mins in.

Open a console and type:
    Code:
    Leave the console open. It will display the applications/processes that are running, and the amount of CPU cycles each is using (among other things). When the system begins to behave as you have described, note which process is taking up most of the CPU. Report back.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Just noticed this happens when NETWORK MANAGER in system monitor sits on 33% usage and goes ape **** with the memory usage. Seems networkmanager is flawed in this Kubuntu.

Any solutions? help

Comment

using that top method it shows networkmanager taking up 67% of cpu. Its going crazy and I will end up faulting soon due to it. was running perfectly when it was normal usage.

PS. I should note im using wired network but also have a wireless network card which is disabled atm because I can't get net working with both cards enabled.

Comment

Something isn't right with your installation and/or configuration files for networkmanager. I'm using networkmanager as well, and top doesn't even show it in it lists.

Take a look at Howto: Ethernet connection without a GUI.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

well I just got a new crash then with CAPS and SCROLL lock lights blinking, maybe system overheating so I changed how my computer controls the fans (now bios does it all not software). Hope that ones doesn't occur again.

As with the networking issue, well perhaps its because I got two network cards or something.

I also did what Snowhog suggested so if the system continues to crash it won't be because of a software network manager screwup. Cheers.

Update: Yep seems removing that GUI interface fixed it. Someone should really fix that.

Comment

Working...
            X