This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual box help

Hello guys, in fact Kubuntu rocks ,i've installed windowsxp using virtual box on my kubuntu as a main system, the problem is that i can't mount partitions so windowsxp can deal with them, any body faced that and solved it thnx in advance

Re: Virtual box help

When i can't solve something I cheat

For example, I set up an ftp server (vsftpd) so I can access my Linux partitions in windows

Try cheating too
    Join the dark side<br />---------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Samsung NC10 netbook running<br />PCLinuxOS 2010 // Win XP

Comment

Have you looked at the VBox help using the help button on the top right of the Virtualbox window? There is a chapter on sharing a folder between the virtual machine and the host machine. This may be what you are looking for. I am using the virtual box from sun and not the oss version.

David

Comment

hey guys, after i specified the shared folders ( actually i choosed /media folder in my /root directory) then i installed guest additions, i then went to "my network places" in windowsxp and i choosed "add a network place" then a dialogue box will appear choose "another network place" then select browse and under "entire network" you'll find "virtualbox shared folder", select your shared folder path and press ok, then you'll find it in "my network places" and it works with me

Comment

Glad you got it sussed.

Could you now mark the thread as solved please. See my signature for details - thanks
          Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
          X