X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Soundkonverter "no audio cd found"

I can see my cd/dvd rw drives with k3b and I can play them in Amarok

they are listed in fstab as scd0 and scd1 and this is the way k3b also sees them.

soundconverter however, does not see the device9s)

help?

Re: Soundkonverter "no audio cd found"

Are you trying to convert directly from CD?

I have never tried that... I always copy to HDD then convert.

Are you able to copy a .wav file to your HDD and then convert it?

Not sure why soundkonverter cannot see your drive, but if everything else can then it must be specific to that application.

Comment

Re: Soundkonverter "no audio cd found"

I managed to get it working. I looked at another computer where it worked... mainly fstab.

/dev/scd0 /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0 0

In the other machine that soundKonverter could not see the disk, there were other options, but NOT the utf8, so I changed it.

Under settings --> configure --> backends, I changed the CD ripper option to CDDA2Wave option. I hit apply, went back to file and chose read from cd.

it is still flakey at times... and won't read, so if I change that option to cd paranoia, hit apply, then back to cdda2wave, it reads again.

kaudiocreator doesn't seem to be available in intrepid and soundKonverter is easier to use, as you can change the bitrate and other things without having to configure the backend. I kaudiocreator needed one to put in different "command line" things to do this.

Comment

Working...
      X