This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<SOLVED> Adept's Firefox missing toolbars

This problem has baffled me for days, and I haven't posted about it. But, having just solved it, I thought I'd post the solution here, in case others have also been troubled, and been silent about it.

PROBLEM: With a very recent fresh install of Intrepid (now with KDE4.1), and running Firefox installed through Adept - cannot get all toolbars to display. The Web Developer addon's toolbar is completely blank, as is the bookmarks bar. The All-in-one-sidebar's toolbar is also just blank. Infuriating.

SOLUTION: Remove the "Ubuntu Firefox Modifications" addon you see in the Add-ons listing. I never knew what that was about anyway, and today removed it 'cause *I* didn't put it there. Presto - my toolbars came bad. Jeez.

The world is a mysterious and dangerous place...

Re: &lt;SOLVED&gt; Adept's Firefox missing toolbars

Originally posted by tomcloyd

SOLUTION: Remove the "Ubuntu Firefox Modifications" addon you see in the Add-ons listing. I never knew what that was about anyway, and today removed it 'cause *I* didn't put it there. Presto - my toolbars came bad. Jeez.

The world is a mysterious and dangerous place...
    What do you mean by the add-ons listing?

Comment

Re: &lt;SOLVED&gt; Adept's Firefox missing toolbars

Main menu > Tools > Add-ons: there is...er...was. Actually it's still there, grayed out. It's evil. Was for me, anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X