This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intrepid and KDE4

Now, when I try to choose/select an icon at the bottom of the screen, the colour goes haywire and the icons get covered by the 'desktop screen colours' which is blue (I left it at default).

I know no one likes my criticism but sorry, I think it is warranted. This release is awful. An OS should not have issues upon issues created from just simple usage. I am not doing anything elaborate. Video drivers are installed. I don't know if it's KDE's fault, Kubuntu's, Nvidia's or what but there are some major issues that make the OS unusable. It's very annoying to want to select an application beside the K-Menu and have the icons covered by flickering 'blue colour' of the desktop.

When the OS has booted up, it still has the problem of the K-Menu flickering.

I hope developers will spend more time on the issues/bugs this time around.

I would concentrate on these issues the most:
    1) Video/drivers/desktop screen function
    2) wireless (I haven't even tried it yet)
    3) PulseAudio (enough said)
    4) layout; looks (more applicable to KDE but I'm sure Kubuntu or other distros are allowed to tweak it)

The flickering and strange behaviors are just too distracting, sorry.

Re: Intrepid and KDE4

What version of KDE are you using? Many of the panel display problems were bettered in the 4.2 beta version. However, there are still certain apps like Open Office which for some reason will cause your panel to do crazy flickering things.

The KDE/Kubuntu developers have no control over video drivers, unfortunately.

Does Kubuntu use PulseAudio? I thought Ubuntu did but Kubuntu didn't. I can't check at the moment, though.

Comment

Re: Intrepid and KDE4

I'm using KDE ver. 4.1.3.

I don't know if that's any good or what. I am not up-to-date or caught up on the versions or have info on what the pluses/drawbacks of using each version is. I don't know how to use the 4.2 beta but I guess there's instructions here or on the KDE site?

The thing about video drivers is that I had issues remain even after updating them. So, I guess Nvidia/ATI should be working with KDE (developers) or something?

It was just really annoying when I need to go into the K-Menu and the flickering starts. It becomes washed out so that the desktop 'blue' colour washes out the menu and I can't read anything in the menu. Thus, I can't navigate through it since I can't even see it.

I hope it's fixed soon.

Comment

Working...
      X