This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulseaudio

This topic is for Pulseaudio and to report that it doesn't work in Intrepid. Not out of the box, anyway.

I wish people/users would stop claiming it did.

Re: Pulseaudio

Originally posted by kbunt
    I wish people/users would stop claiming it did.
    If a particular user says it does, then it does - for them. All you can correctly say, is that it doesn't work for you.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I don't believe them.

Comment

Hey, if you care to know, I might have made some progress.

It DOES need configuring like I said. But, I am over that now.

I finally found 'Kuser' and I added the user (myself) and pulse to the groups, pulse, pulse-rt and pulse-access.

I then created the "/etc/asound.conf" file and added text so it looks now like this:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PulseAudio

I have noticed some 'pulseaudio 'how-to's' have more text than that and maybe that is needed? I am not sure but the volume meter 'bars' move when I play audio so does that indicate it's working?

I am leaving it for now until I discover whether I need to add to the 'asound.conf' file.

I hope that may help anyone else who has any trouble with configuring pulseaudio. Then again, they'll probably be able to find 'KUser!' :-/

Comment

Hello, if someone could please....:

Provide the KDE / KDE 4 equivalent of:

System -> Preferences -> Sound (I assume this is Ubuntu/Gnome-based)

System/Preferences/Sound. In the Devices section, ensure that all "Sound playback" options are set to Autodetect. Set the "Sound capture" item to "PulseAudio". Close the application when you're finished.

Comment

Working...
          X