This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screensavers, much?

I've noticed theres like NO screen savers for KDE 4.x, specifically KDE 4.2.
    Are there any available?
    Is it even supported yet?
    I hate staring at this black screen.

Re: Screensavers, much?

1.) Which version(s) are you using. From your post, I might presume 8.10 with the KDE 4.2 beta...?

2.) On mine (8.10 with KDE 4.1.3), the screen saver selection and settings menu is at:
    KMenu -> Applications -> System -> System Settings -> Desktop -> Screen Saver

I have plenty of screen savers (that came with the install) to choose from. My (current) favorite is "Sonar", under "Gadgets and Simulations".

Are you saying that menu is completely empty for you? That would be really strange...
    Hardware: Toshiba Satellite A205-S4607<br />OS: Kubuntu 11.10 (KDE 4.7.2), Windows Vista Home Premium (SP 2)

Comment

My list was blank as well. Installing the kscreensaver package fixed it, though. It removed the obsolete kscreensaver-kde4.

Comment

There were none on my system when I installed it either... but I opened up Synaptic, did a search for "screensaver" and downloaded/installed a couple options. Now I have a list of them...

Comment

You want to install the kscreensaver-xsavers (and optionally kscreensaver-xsavers-extra and kscreensaver-xsavers-webcollage) packages.

Code:
          $ sudo aptitude install kscreensaver-xsavers kscreensaver-xsavers-extra kscreensaver-xsavers-webcollage
          KDE, I heart thee.

Comment

Working...
          X