Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[solved!] Firefox not working after updates?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[solved!] Firefox not working after updates?

Anybody having trouble with Firefox after an update?

I got the notification that there were software updates available so I ran Adept to grab them. Some time later the little light bulb prompt told me to restart Firefox so I did... now it doesn't work.

I can open it... but there is nothing in the Window. Just the title bar and a blank space. In the status bar instead of a Firefox icon it shows what looks like a letter "X" superimposed over the firefox logo..?

What have I done to this poor machine now?

Re: Firefox not working after updates?

I had the same problem last night, and today morning Kubuntu didn"t start either (I didn't have time to start it in failsafe, because I had to leave home) Any ideas someone?

Comment

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it... no dice.

Comment

So it must be only we slowest of monkeys who cannot peel this particular banana..?

I have attached a screenshot. (tried, uploader was full)

The same little "X" icon shows up when I play 3D Chess... so it must be a system icon of some kind?

So far FF is the only application I have had any problem with. Since rebuilding my X config file... could there be something in there that is affecting just FF? I have switched over from Amaya to Midori and now finally to Epiphany (which I like almost as much as FF, BTW)

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling again via Adept.

Comment

Re: [solved!] Firefox not working after updates?

Not sure what happened, but I shut down my pc for the weekend since we were out of town... when I started it up this afternoon Firefox started itself upon login... and works fine.

Don't know what happened... but I'll take it!

Comment

Working...
          X