This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Older version of Earth?

Hi, does anyone know a place where I can down an earlier version of Google Earth?
    I've tried versions 4.2 and 4.3 and they both suck, at least on my system.
    I am running Intrepid but when I try to run Google Earth my screen flickers all the time. The globe is displayed as a series of wires and it takes ages to get the program started in the first place.
    So that is why.

Go through life one sheep at a time.

Re: Older version of Earth?

gods bless Google

http://www.oldapps.com/Google_Earth.php

Comment

Believe me, I googled my head off, also came to this site, but these are lousy Winclose apps. Not for Linux.

Comment

wow... I Googled "older version Google Earth" and this was the first link listed.

Comment

Originally posted by cloggie
          Hi, does anyone know a place where I can down an earlier version of Google Earth?
          I've tried versions 4.2 and 4.3 and they both suck, at least on my system.
          I am running Intrepid but when I try to run Google Earth my screen flickers all the time. The globe is displayed as a series of wires and it takes ages to get the program started in the first place.
          So that is why.

I think the flickering has to do with the compositing effects of KWin. A less than ideal situation is to temporarily turn off desktop effects when you use Google Earth. You can do this from System Settings => Desktop => Desktop Effects.

Comment

[/quote]

I think the flickering has to do with the compositing effects of KWin. A less than ideal situation is to temporarily turn off desktop effects when you use Google Earth. You can do this from System Settings => Desktop => Desktop Effects.
            [/quote]

I agree that the flickering stops when Desktop Effects are disabled.

Comment

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of Desktop effects.
              But that still leaves me with the slow going of Google Earth though.
              So that is why I am looking for version 4.0 instead of 4.2 or 4.3
              I think it is rather weird that there is no site where I can find it.

Comment

Working...
              X