This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving Window Size and Position

Is there a way to make KDE remember window size and position? It's really annoying that windows open up in seemingly random positions and never at the size they were at when I closed them. I've looked, but I can't find a way to configure this.

Re: Saving Window Size and Position

With an application open, right-click on the window title bar and select Advanced > Special Application Settings... and click OK. Check the Position and Size buttons to active the settings. Click on the Do Not Affect button and select Remember. Click OK.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks! Isn't there a global setting for this? That's going to be kind of annoying, although admittedly only for the shorter term, to have to do every window. I'd much prefer that it just do it automatically for every window.

Comment

I tried this setting on Adept as a test and it doesn't seem to be working. The position is being remembered, but not the size. I even tried making that change to the Window settings instead of the Application settings. Either I'm doing it wrong or it's a bug. I'm using KDE 4.2 Beta 1, so a bug wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

heh heh adept is kinda crazy! It won't keep it's size here either, I've got FF and T-Bird and a system mon. up right now and they all keep the size and position that I set. Try another app and see how it goes
          Being able to access the internet whilst answering a call of nature was 'one of life's most liberating experiences.'  Vic Hayes

Comment

Working...
          X