X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cover Switch?

I used to have alt tab configured to do a neat "cover switch."
    It is not working now.
    I have configured the system every way but Christmas and the cat's meow.
    I have Compiz installed and the Compiz configurator too.
    Wobbly windows is working but not cover switch and that makes me blue.

Would someone kindly help me please?

Re: Cover Switch?

There's a Cover Switch effect in KWin, which is not part of Compiz. You can activate it in System Settings | Desktop | Desktop Effects | All Effects. You would put a check by Cover Switch and make sure the other Alt+Tab options are not checked.

I believe if you activate Compiz it will nullify any KWin settings.

Comment

Thanks Nate. II did have Compiz activated. I thought I turned it off but I don't have a setting for effects under system settings/desktop . I will continue to tinker with it but would appreciate any more advice.

Comment

Here's a screenshot of my Desktop settings panel. You can see where it says "Enable desktop effects", and below where it sets the "Effect for window switching."

This is KDE 4.2 beta 1.
        Attached Files

Comment

...and here is mine. Note that there are no choices for effects.
          Attached Files

Comment

That is very odd. What version of Kubuntu/KDE are you running?

Do you have kwin installed? Your screenshot looks strange, style-wise, and it's definitely missing some significant parts.

Comment

I am using my netbook now but I did a reinstall of KDE a couple of weeks ago. That would make it the latest KDE and the OS. I am pretty sure that it is 8.04 and 3.59 but I will check again when I get on my big laptop. I do know thct it is the latest and i do take the updates as they come in. I just had a major one about a week ago. So, pretty much current but possibly not complete?

Comment

Oh, well that explains it.

The latest Kubuntu is 8.10 Intrepid, which runs KDE 4 instead of KDE 3.59. If you're not keen on upgrading again you could always ask in the Kubuntu 8.04 section of the forums.

Comment

Oh my gosh. I cannot believe that I posted in the wrong section. My sincere apologies. That is what happens when youj have two children running around you while you post to a forum. I copied and pasted my intial posts over there. Sorry guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X