This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toolbar Text Missing

I have been running the new Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex for a number of weeks now, (since it was made available), and generally, things have been going well.

However, within the past week or so, I noticed a problem with OpenOffice. Basically, when I start either the spreadsheet or word apps, the text within the toolbar(s), are all replaced with dashes. Even the text within the drop-down menus has no text... but instead has dashes. (These drop-down menus DO HAVE the small icons in most of the menu items.)

I thought is was just a problem with OpenOffice, so I downloaded KOffice... and tried KSpread.... but I get the same thing !!!!

The toolbars in other applications like Firefox seem fine.

I tried re-installing OpenOffice, (and KOffice)... with no change. Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happenning

Thanks.

/Alan

Re: Toolbar Text Missing

Originally posted by asearles
    I have been running the new Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex for a number of weeks now, (since it was made available), and generally, things have been going well.

However, within the past week or so, I noticed a problem with OpenOffice. Basically, when I start either the spreadsheet or word apps, the text within the toolbar(s), are all replaced with dashes. Even the text within the drop-down menus has no text... but instead has dashes. (These drop-down menus DO HAVE the small icons in most of the menu items.)

I thought is was just a problem with OpenOffice, so I downloaded KOffice... and tried KSpread.... but I get the same thing !!!!

The toolbars in other applications like Firefox seem fine.

I tried re-installing OpenOffice, (and KOffice)... with no change. Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happenning

Thanks.

/Alan
    My friend has had a similar problem with non system apps like Firefox, Konqueror, Adept etc work fine.

Comment

Re: Toolbar Text Missing

CPU: Intel Pentium/4 2.4Ghz
      Video Graphic Adapter: Nvidia GeForce2 MX/MX 400
      Monitor: ViewSonic VX2435wm (1920x1200)

Nvidia Driver: Linux-x86-96.43.09

In order to resolve the problem, I had to...

System-Settings --> Desktop-Effects --> General-Tab
      ... then un-check "Enable desktop effects"
      ... then Apply

I am not entirely sure what the "Desktop Effects" were actually giving me !?!

Comment

Working...
      X