X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FreeNX config

Hi all

Just installed II and tried to setup free nx using the package at deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/freenx-team/ubuntu intrepid main. I can login ok but am having problems getting x to start.

Version info is (from nxserver.log in debug mode)

Code:
    HELLO NXSERVER - Version 3.2.0-74-SVN OS (GPL, using backend: 3.3.0)
    NX> 105 hello NXCLIENT - Version 3.2.0
    NX> 134 Accepted protocol: 3.2.0
    NX> 105 SET SHELL_MODE SHELL
    NX> 105 SET AUTH_MODE PASSWORD
    NX> 105 login
    NX> 101 User: sean
    NX> 102 Password:
    Info: Auth method: ssh sean@127.0.0.1's password:
    NX> 1000 NXNODE - Version 3.2.0-74-SVN OS (GPL, using backend: 3.3.0)
    NX> 716 Slave mode started successfully.
    nxnode_reader: NX> 1000 NXNODE - Version 3.2.0-74-SVN OS (GPL, using backend: 3.3.0)
    nxnode_reader: NX> 716 finished
    nxnode_reader: NX> 1001 Bye.
    Client is NoMachine 3.3.0-3 running on OSX 10.5.5

I have the same problem with 3.2.10-0 on Vista (this is the version I was using for Kubuntu 8.04)

Code:
    Info: Agent running with pid '12589'.
    Session: Starting session at 'Thu Dec 11 22:25:06 2008'.
    Info: Proxy running in server mode with pid '12589'.
    Info: Waiting for connection from '192.168.0.11' on port '5000'.
    Info: Aborting the procedure due to signal '1'.
    Error: Aborting session with 'Unable to open display 'nx/nx,options=/home/sean/.nx/C-kubuntu-1000-11B9F31924293AC30DAEF34A2BD40F21/options:1000''.
    Session: Aborting session at 'Thu Dec 11 22:26:06 2008'.
    Session: Session aborted at 'Thu Dec 11 22:26:06 2008'.
    xrdb: Connection reset by peer
    xrdb: Can't open display ':1000'
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libX11.so.6.2' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libXext.so.6.4' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libXcomp.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libXcompext.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libXrender.so.1.2' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
    I created symlinks for the "missing" modules - e.g. libX11.so.6.2 -> libX11.so.6.2.0 which got rid of the last set of errors. I know this is clumsy and I should fix the problem (how). In any event it didn't work as it still fails trying to open display :1000

Afraid I am a linux newb and that's as far as my ability allowss me to go. Anyone got any suggestions on where to from here?

Re: FreeNX config

So they've got their own repo now, interesting Thanks for that info.

Assuming that you've made all the pertinent changes to the server files I've found it necessary to start KDE with an empty session each time rather than a saved or the previous one.

HTH
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Re: FreeNX config - solved

Gave up - uninstalled this one and installed the server from nomachine.com manually. All working fine now with no further intervention.

Hint: You have to manually remove the user nx so the installation can create it

Comment

Re: FreeNX config

Thanks for the info.
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
        X