This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugly blue background...

My system has an ugly blue background behind my speaker, network, and any other icon the pops up in that group of icons. How do I change that back to a transparent background? All else is black.

Re: Ugly blue background...

I'm not sure about a transparent background. You need to try a variety of themes until you find one you like. Even the theme " Glassified" will give a transparent panel - and the black background you don't want!

RIGHT click on the Desktop. Choose Appearance Settings>Desktop Theme> New Theme
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

I'm back to my original theme already, but the blue behind the small icon cluster doesn't seem to want to go away. I'm referring to the icon cluster where the network icon, speaker icon, wallet icon, korganizer icon, etc, sit in. This is the only one that seems impacted by this off-color backdrop. I got into it by trying different themes in the first place, but the problem didn't really surface until a reboot. Not sure what caused it. and nothing seems to be working to get rid of it. Any ideas?

Comment

my entire panel did this a few days ago, I just had to right-click on the panel, unlock widgets, go to Panel Options >Panel Settings and slightly increase the height of the panel and it went back to transparent.
        Not sure if it is the same problem you are having, but it is worth a shot.
        &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

On my system this comes and goes (had it since HH+KDE4).

I think this is a bug in KDE4.
          The background behind the icons in the panel gets corrupted - either blue, or an old icon is displayed as a background.

Maybe refresh, doesn't repaint the whole background.

Comment

thanks... looks like another little glitch in the system. i'll try resizing and let you know if that works.

Comment

Working...
            X