X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu startup priority

I'm with a wireless network
    I'm using Ktorrent, Kopete but KNetworkManager is loaded last on my desktop so the wireless network is connected after everything was already loaded.
    Ktorrent saves on a network HDD so it complains that there is no such file.

I found that KNetworkManager is frontend of a Network Manager and the settings of a wireless network are per user saved. So you need to log in to be able to connect to your preferred wireless network.
    In the information I found http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManagerToDo it seems that from version 0.7 Network Manager can store settings global not per user.

How can I made KNetworkManager to start first with KDE or to make wireless settings global for the system so the connection can be made before KDE starts.

Re: Kubuntu startup priority

When I was searching for a way to change my login session because something kept crashingkde seconds after startup, I ran across something that may be useful to you.

If you open up /home/.kde/share/config/ksmserverrc in your text editor and scroll down, it has the programs that start when you log in and they're all numbered in the order that they start. Perhaps you could try switching some of the program orders around and see if that works for ya... Good luck!!

Comment

Re: Kubuntu startup priority

Hm, that is an interesting file you unearthed there I've just googled it but cannot find any good info on it. Do you have a link or two handy?
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
      X