This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody installed Go-OO

I am just wondering if anybody has managed to install Go-OO as opposed to Open Office? I went to the website but it is only available as an RPM, is it any better as claimed?

http://go-oo.org/

Re: Has anybody installed Go-OO

Try this site...http://ubuntu.wordpress.com/2005/09/...g-an-rpm-file/
    XΞpћΞxҲ™

Comment

Originally posted by XΞpћΞxҲ™
      I know about Alien but I really want to know if anybody has tried Go-OO and found it better than Open Office.

Comment

I thought the Open Office in the repositories was Go-oo. That's where the Go-oo website saysUbuntu users should get it and if you look at the help about for that version of OO3, it says that it was created by Debian and Ubuntu, based upon Open Office.org.

Whatever it is, I use that version from the repositories and its fast and integrates with all of the Windows users in my life faultlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by serendipity
          I thought the Open Office in the repositories was Go-oo.
          Thats what I thought too.

I think that the deb on the OO website is vanilla OO though.

Comment

I thought the Open Office in the repositories was Go-oo. That's where the Go-oo website saysUbuntu users should get it and if you look at the help about for that version of OO3, it says that it was created by Debian and Ubuntu, based upon Open Office.org.

Whatever it is, I use that version from the repositories and its fast and integrates with all of the Windows users in my life faultlessly.

Comment

The version in the repositories is 2.4 which is fine but 3.0 is a lot better. Looking in OO Writer I see that the About Open Office box says that it is the Sun version based on Open Office hence I presume that it is not the Go-OO version.

Comment

If you use ubuntu's packages, you are using go-oo already
                look here for some background

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh
                  If you use ubuntu's packages, you are using go-oo already
                  look here for some background
                  OK, thanks for that. The only trouble is that the repository version is 2.4 and the latest version is 3.0.

Comment

3.00 isn't coming to Ibex repositories. You need to install it manually.

No idea about the correct way, but here's how I did it:
                    Use adept package manager to remove everything 2.4 related
                    Grab the compressed deb from OO website & install with the instructions on that page.

If you don't remove *everything* 2.4 related then you'll get errors on the 3 install and it won't set up the menu links correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by HavocXphere
                      3.00 isn't coming to Ibex repositories. You need to install it manually.

No idea about the correct way, but here's how I did it:
                      Use adept package manager to remove everything 2.4 related
                      Grab the compressed deb from OO website & install with the instructions on that page.

If you don't remove *everything* 2.4 related then you'll get errors on the 3 install and it won't set up the menu links correctly.
                      I have already downloaded and installed 3.0 but I just wanted to know what the differences are between Go-OO and Sun OO.

Comment

[/quote]
                        I have already downloaded and installed 3.0 but I just wanted to know what the differences are between Go-OO and Sun OO.
                        [/quote]

See earlier thread

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3100118.0

Comment

Working...
                        X