This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED]virtualbox can't share folder

I am running kubuntu 8.10 x64 KDE 4.1.3 with windows xp as the guest OS in virtualbox. I have enable the sharing of a folder in my home directory in the VB settings however xp cant seem to see it when I go to map network drives.

Is there something I am missing?

Re: virtualbox can't share folder

You're probably missing the GuestAddition which you need to install on your client to take advantage of all the advanced features. It is a 5MB iso which you can mount in settings - CD/DVD drives on the client. Once mounted, just fire it up.
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Thank you!! Works perfectly now.... I had no idea that i needed that guest additions thing to share folders.

ps. I went to Devices>Install Guest Additions. It would try to find the iso file in either two folder locations. Then would ask If I wanted to download it and would fail. However I copied that link into firefox and downloaded it manually and then sudo moved it to the first folder location. Then sudo renamed it to the name it was looking for and it worked fine!

Comment

Glad it worked for you

Could you please mark the thread as SOLVED - see my signature for details.

Thanks.

BTW, fancy writing a little how to ?
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Re: [SOLVED]virtualbox can't share folder

Where do I write the how to? In this thread or somewhere else?

Comment

First off - cheers for marking it solved

You'd put it in Kubuntu Forums | Important Information | Documentation | How To's

It is generally a good idea to write it, sleep over it, read it again and then post it. Wordiness makes it more difficult to read/follow, so the more precise you are, the better the how to - and thanks for volunteering!

Comment

It is the least I can do after getting so much help in this community!

Comment

Working...
              X