Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[RESOLVED]Can you set driver loading order?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED]Can you set driver loading order?

Is it possible to control/set the order in which drivers are loaded? I'm experiencing, and others have also commented on, having my startup sound file 'clipped' before it finishes. It's severely clipped in fact. If I'm lucky, I hear less than a second of the sound file before it is stopped by some other loading processes.

My sound works perfectly in all respects. It's only when the desktop environment is being loaded (after logging in from KDM) that this occurs. The logout sound file plays fully (as all the driver/services have already been loaded).
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Can you set driver loading order?

I am having the same problem in Kubuntu 8.10 with a Dell Latitude that was working fine until I used Adept Installer to install mplayer as a better way to view WMF videos. After that, it clipped the start up sound to less than a second. And of course I am a total newbie to Linux. However, I am loving it just the same.

Comment

Re: Can you set driver loading order?

As some others have noted, upgrading to KDE 4.2.00 - I did a few days ago - this problem has been resolved. I now have the KDE System Notifications Login sound playing completely.

Comment

Re: [RESOLVED]Can you set driver loading order?

Hi Snowhog,

Can you please advise me how you upgrade to KDE 4.2.00? What you would type in Konsole?

Many Thanks,

Robt.

Comment

KDE 4.2 Released
          Scroll down to 8.10 (Intrepid) > Instructions.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X