This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless disappeared!

I installed Kubuntu using the windows installation and it initially picked up the wireless on my gateway m-1625 laptop. I was unable to use the internet however and I connected it up through an Ethernet cable and updated and installed the windows wireless drivers package that installed ndisgtk and ndiswrapper. I ran the "Windows wireless drivers" in the internet menu and properly pointed it to the windows driver for my wireless. I then had wireless for about a half hour and i shut it down and restarted it into windows vista because the wireless was slow. I downloaded something in windows and restarted it up in Kubuntu and the wireless was gone. No mention of the hardware or signals. I ran the "windows wireless drivers" again to see if this would correct the issue and it did not. Any insight and solution would be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Wireless disappeared!

I don't know if it will help but I am running the 64 bit version and I would like to avoid an uninstall and reinstall. I like the look and feel of Kubuntu - even choosing it over the Gnome counterpart. I am hoping to make the move away from Windows by learning linux with this Distro that has been so well recommended as of late.

Comment

Working...
    X