This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Cant Reset My Toolbar

Somehow I screwed up the toolbar at the bottom of the desktop and now I can't see any icons when a new application is launched. And the default icons are all over the place. How do I reset it? I searched but couldn't find a solution for this.

Greg

Re: Cant Reset My Toolbar

There seem to be serious problems with Panel (what you refer to as "toolbar") stability. It will frequently re-arrange itself even when its locked.

I accidentally deleted mine, and had to right-click the desktop and select Add Panel and totally rebuild it.

Now it appears at the top of the screen, and I seem to have no way to move it.

How do you move a panel?

Comment

Here's a quick way to get your desktop back to the default settings. At the command line type the following:

Code:
      kquitapp plasma
      rm ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-appletsrc
      plasma &
      If something still doesn't seem right you can follow these instructions but add the following command as the 2nd step:

Code:
      rm ~/.kde4/share/config/plasmarc
      This will delete your plasma config files and they will rebuild with the defaults.

Comment

Does this also suggest that we can save those files when we have our desktop set the way we want it, and restore from those backup copies when things get hozed?

(I hope so, because I gotta tell ya, I've rebuilt my panel a dozen times since I installed 4.2 beta 1 and its getting a little tiresome.)

Comment

Yes, I would assume so. The important thing is that plasma cannot be running when you edit/delete the files, otherwise your changes won't stick.

Comment

Does anyone know how to set the toolbar to span over dual monitors? When trying to extend it when in the edit mode it won't let me drag the triangles into the right hand screen. I thought i could overcome this by adding a second panel in the right hand screen but i can only seem to add one at the top of the screen. On a separate note, applying an image as the desktop background only applies it to the monitor i right clicked in, this is probably the same problem but I can't find any settings to specify the monitors to be taken as one big screen

Comment

Thanks Nate. I did find it. I really like, but it still seems a little buggy.

Comment

Glad you got it sorted!

Could you please mark your thread as solved? See my signature for details.

Thanks!
                Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Re: Cant Reset My Toolbar (SOLVED)

Done.

Comment

Working...
                  X